Breastfeeding: New Strategies for Improved Outcomes with Cheryl Scott
|State||North Carolina |
Optimum breastfeeding outcomes depend on giving families the skills, confidence and information needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies. Join Cheryl Scott as she shares strategies to improve the health outcomes for mothers and babies by addressing the challenges facing the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding. This comprehensive day will include the latest information on:
* Late pre-term infant and multiples
* Hypoglycemia and the diabetic mother
* Sleepy baby
* Sore nipples
* Low milk supply
* Cup and spoon feeding
Drawing on over 30 years of extensive clinical breastfeeding practice, Cheryl is eager to share her knowledge and expertise to assist you in developing strategies for your breastfeeding families. Cheryl will enhance your knowledge of breastfeeding management with her intelligent, thoughtful, and engaging style. Past participants have raved about the use of models, videos, and hands-on demonstrations incorporated into this dynamic presentation. Make plans today to attend this practical, timely and incredibly informative one-day educational event!
At the completion of this program, you will be able to:
1. Describe 3 evidenced-based best practices to support mother-baby dyads.
2. Compare and contrast teaching techniques and styles for successful latch and positioning.
3. Assess simple solutions every healthcare professional should know for common breastfeeding challenges.
4. State professional strategies for empowering breastfeeding mothers and partners in your professional practice.
5. Explain evidenced-based methods of establishing and maintaining milk supply.
6. Demonstrate effective tools for empowering health care professionals to promote, protect, and support breastfeeding from antenatal through postpartum and pediatric stages.
7. Apply the latest practice recommendations that support successful long-term breastfeeding rates.