Breastfeeding: New Pathways for Evidence-Based Practice with Dawn Kersula
As a breastfeeding advocate, you recognize the need to improve breastfeeding outcomes. Join Dawn M. Kersula and learn strategies to address the current challenges of promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding. This comprehensive day will include the latest information on:
* Latch techniques
* Improving breastfeeding duration
* Increasing milk supply right from the start
* On-line and In-house education resources
* Advocacy techniques
Drawing on her extensive clinical breastfeeding practice, Dawn is delighted to share her knowledge and expertise to assist you in developing strategies that will lead to breastfeeding success. Dawn will provide you with the latest evidence-based practice findings to guide your clinical decisions. You will appreciate the opportunity to learn through hands-on demonstrations and rave about the passion that Dawn brings to this one-day educational event. Make plans to attend today!
At the completion of this program, you will be able to:
1. Examine new ways to talk about infant feeding choices.
2. Compare and contrast breastfeeding assessment tools.
3. Demonstrate appropriate ways for teaching latch.
4. Explain new evidence-based practices for the establishment of breastfeeding.
5. Outline the infant's role in initiating breastfeeding.
6. Discuss critical strategies that increase breastfeeding duration.
7. Relate the link between the perinatal nurse/mother relationship and effective education during the immediate postpartum period.
8. Discuss components of the birth process that place women at risk for post-traumatic stress symptoms after their birth experience.
9. Discover effects of these peripartum factors on the lived experience of breastfeeding in the early postpartum period.
10. List ways to help moms process the experience of birth that help healing.
11. Produce breastfeeding success through performance improvement initiatives.